Friday, March 9, 2012

Spaghetti Squash, a new obsession!

Sorry I have gone MIA for awhile things with work and life in general have been very busy lately. My goal is to get back on track with blogging ASAP.

I wanted to share with you a few things I am loving right now.

1. Spaghetti squash - I can't get enough of this delicious veggie lately. Last night I heated some up in a pan with some.leftover roasted veggies, spinach, Newman's Own pasta sauce and some fat free mozzarella. It was so delicious and under 200 calories.

2. MyFitnessPal - speaking of calories I have been logging my calories on the best program ever http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ for about 2 months now and have lost about 8 pounds. I can't believe once you start tracking how much you are in tune with what you are eating.

3. Veggies and fruit - for lent I decided to give up meat so I have been eating a ton of veggies and fruit to keep me full throughout tthe day. My favorite new veggie (besides spaghetti squash) is brussel sprouts roasted in the oven with a little garlic. As far as fruits go the pink lady apples and Asian pears have been my go to fruits.

4. Sprints - I have been working with my trainee doing sprints several times a week and I have to say I am loving the results. I ran a 10 mile race this weekend with a pace of 7:41, crazy!

Question: What are you loving right now?