Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chicken Fajita Stew

I love my crockpot so much and need to start using it a lot more. I forgot how easy and convenient it is to make dinner in the crock pot. Yesterday morning after I got home from my morning run with BOMF I threw all the ingredients to make a chicken fajita stew into my crockpot and set it on low for 9 hours.

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken cut into cubes
2 tbl minced garlic
1/2 onion chopped
1 green or red pepper chopped
1 packet of fajita seasoning
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes with basil and garlic


I threw everything into the corckpot all at once and when I get home after the gym last night all I had to do was cook brown rice and dinner was served.
 

This meal was delicious and nutritious it is on the keeper list of crockpot meals.



Question: What is your favorite meal to make in the crockpot?