Monday, August 8, 2011

Providence Rock n Roll Half Marathon

Yesterday morning despite the pouring rain I finished another half marathon and even set a PR.



Saturday afternoon I headed to the expo with my mom, dad and Abigail to pick up my number and look around at the expo. They had some cool things at the expo but I only bought a cute onesie for Abigail and a pint glass.



Yesterdays run was not the best weather conditions it was rainy, windy and humid but I finished in 1:54:39 which was an 8:45 pace and was my best half marathon time. For this being the inaugural race it was organized and things went smoothly once we got started, they did delay the race at the start for about 20 minutes which was a pain since we were waiting in the rain.

I loved the music they had throughout the course and think I may have to do this race again!


Question: Have you ever run a Rock n Roll series race, if so what was your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!! Great finishing time especially with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the PR! I hear the RnR races are always put together really well. I'm doing 2 this year and one is an inaugural too. I can't wait! I'm glad you liked it despite the rain!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments so please share!