Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chicken Sausage Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes

I have been loving the hot italian chicken sausage from Whole Foods lately and they were all sale this week so I picked up a few of them. I decided to put a spin on my usual chicken sausage with broccoli rabe and pasta. I removed the casing from the sausage like I have in the past and cooked it in a pan with a little chicken stock and garlic. Once the sausage started to cook I crumbled it up, while that was cooking I boiled a pot of pasta for my whole wheat pasta shells and chopped up two vine ripe tomatoes. I added the tomatoes, cooked pasta and a little water from the pasta to the sausage mixture and let cook a few minutes. Right before I was able to take it off the stove I added a few cups of spinach and let it wilt in. This was a quick and easy dinner that was delicious!

 
Enjoying dinner with my bride mug from my wonderful niece
Question: What is your favorite recipe to make with chicken sausage?