Sunday, January 8, 2012

Clean Green Cleanse

The other day I was given a recipe for a green cleanse drink to have for breakfast in the morning. I decided to make it on Monday night and it was my breakfast all week. I love recipes that I can make at the beginning of the week that will last me all week.

The recipe is super easy and I just left it in my blender and just blended it for a quick minute before serving it up in a glass for breakfast.

Ingredients:
1 head romaine
1/2 bag baby spinach
1 pear
1 banana
1 apple
1 celery stalk
1 juice of a lemon
3 cups water

Combine all ingredients into the blender and mix. Note that you may have to blend items as you go if you have a smaller blender.



This was a great breakfast to take with me as I walked out the door to work and it actually filled me up.


Question: Have you ever tried a cleanse drink? If so what ingredients were in yours?