Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chocolate Banana Protein Shake

I experimented making some different flavor protein shakes over the weekend and found one combination I absolutely loved!

I mixed together in the blender one scoop of Food Science of Vermont vanilla protein powder (of any vanilla protein powder you have), a couple of handfuls of ice cubes, 1 whole banana, 1 tbl all natural peanut butter and 1/2 tbl cocoa powder.

Place all items into the blender at the same time and blend until smooth. Serve in a nice big glass and enjoy! The best thing about this protein shake is there is lots of protein in it so it is great for a post workout shake which is usually what I am looking for in the morning before work, something quick and easy for breakfast that is packed with protein. I think I finally found something I won't get sick of.

Question: What is your favorite flavor combination for a protein shake?