Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Heavy Lifting

For the last few months I have been dedicating one day of my stregnth training to strictly lift heavy.  My trainer has me do the same plan for a month trying to increase the weight as the month goes on. Last night I started my new plan and it was hard!

Squats with the Smith Machine
120 lbs 5 reps for 5 sets

paired with
DB Flat Bench
27.5 lbs 5 reps for 5 sets


Single Leg Hip Lift with Ball
12 reps each leg for 3 sets
paired withDouble Arm Standing Row on the Kesier Machine
30lbs 12 reps for 3 sets

Curl to Press
15lbs 12 reps for 2 sets

paired withLateral / Front Shoulder Raise
(alternate one lateral with one front raise for a total os 16 for one set)
7.5lbs. 8 reps for 2 sets


I finished off my workout with 5 sprints on the treadmill at 4% incline and 9.5 speed. I did 45 seconds on with a 30 second rest for 5 rounds. These sprints were no joke but I felt so good once I finished.

Question: What is your favorite sprint workout?