Thursday, January 19, 2012

Top This Pizza

I ventured to Whole Foods again this weekend and found some great finds but my best find is the whole wheat Top This Pizza Crust. I love this crust because it is super thin and is great for a quick and easy dinner.  I made two pizzas so that Joe could have leftovers for lunch for the week.


One pizza was made with caramelized onions topped with fresh spinach and the other had turkey pepperoni. My favorite was the onion and spinach one I just love greens on top of my pizza, if you haven't tried this yet it is a must! My favorite green topping on a pizza is fresh arugula but unfortunately I didn't have any at home when I made these.

The key to making the caramelized onions is to use a non stick pan and keep the heat up medium high and stir the onions frequently and they come out delicious, I didn't even need to use butter or oil.


Cook the pizzas at 450 degrees until the cheese is melted. I add the spinach or greens right at the end and let them cook for just a minute or two. Let cook then slice and serve and enjoy some delicious pizza!

 
 

Question: What is your favorite type of pizza dough?

**Be sure to check out my new page that I added of my upcoming races and PR's**