Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fitness Fun - Pilates

Pilates is another form of exercise I have been practicing over the past year or so. The form of pilates I have worked primarily with is reformer which incorpoarte exercises using the Pilates reformer machine. Pilates can also be done on a mat using just your own body and sometimes with the use of some props.

Reformer
 Pilates can transform the way your body looks, feels and performs while buidling muscle strength without excess bulk. Pilates is something that continually challenges me no matter how long I have been doing it. The exercises never seem to get easier which is one reason I love Pilates because I am always challenged. Below are some sample exercises of common beginner Pilates exercises.


Footwork

Supine Arms

Feet in Straps
 
 Question: Have you ever tried a form of Pilates? If so, what do you think?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments so please share!