Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken Peanut Stir Fry

I whipped together a new recipe I was trying out last night. I started with cooking some chicken cut into cubes, pepper strips and onions in a nonstick pan with no oil.


While that was cooking I mixed together two tablespoons of smooth peanut butter, 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of chili powder and 1/4 cup of reduced sodium chicken broth.


Once all ingredients were mixed together smoothly and the chicken was no longer pink I added the mixture to the pan. Then I let the stir fry cook until the flavors all combined. Lastly I added the cooked brown rice and let that cook for about another two minutes.

 
Finished product
** Also today on living social there is a deal for Whole Foods, spend $10 get $20 to spend on groceries, go check it out!