Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WIAW

Welcome to another WIAW inspired by Jenn at Peas and Crayons.

Peas and Crayons

Yesterday morning I made Gina's Pumpkin Banana Smoothie from Running to the Kitchen. It was so delicious and just screamed fall which was perfect for a cool crisp morning.
 
Lunch yesterday was leftover chili that I made on Sunday, I think it taste even better a few days later because all the ingredients get to sit and blend together. I ate my chili with some whole grain scoops, yummy!

After work I headed to the gym for a great strength training session with Keri, so needless to say I was starving when I got home. I decided to make some burritos for Joe and I which was a new recipe for me. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and cooked that along with peppers and onions in a pot with a little chicken stock. I spiced the dish up with the spices from McCormick Recipe Inspirations, Spanish Chicken Skillet. Once the chicken was cooked I took some of that and Uncle Ben's 90 second brown rice and added that to a tortilla with guacamole, shredded Mexican cheese and salsa. This was better than expected!
 

Question: What is a recipe that surprises you on its tastiness?

**Don't forget to enter my LÄRABAR giveaway**