Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WIAW Turkey Burgers

Welcome to another week of WIAW inspired by Jenn over at Peas and Crayons. I know I have been off this blog hop for a few weeks now but don't worry I am back!

Peas and Crayons

This week I decided to share a recipe that I made last night with you instead of showing my eats for the day. I had a strength training session last night with my trainer so I got home later than normal so I whipped together some turkey burgers for dinner.

Turkey Burgers
Ingredients:
1 package of 99% Shadybrook Lean Ground Turkey
1/2 cup raw yellow onions
1 tbl garlic powder
3 tbl Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
1 tbl Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together thoroughly. Once ingredients are fully mixed form 4-5 patties and grill. I cooked mine on the George Forman grill to get rid of excess fat, which there was very little of.

Once cooked through top with a slice of fat free sharp cheddar cheese and let melt and serve on the new greatest bread, Foldit 5 Grain Flax.
5 Grain Flax Packaging
I topped my turkey burger with some guacamole and spinach and I was too lazy to make a side so I grabbed a handful of Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, this was a quick and easy meal that was delicious!


Don't forget to hop on over to Peas and Crayons and join in on the WIAW fun.

Question: What is your favorite toppings on your burgers?

**PS: Runner at Heart finally has it's own url http://www.runneratheart.com/!**