Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mexican Pasta

Last night I made a favorite pasta dish of mine that I haven't made in a long time. It has pasta, ground turkey, salsa, chicken broth, onions Mexican cheese and spices in it.

I started by boiling the water for the pasta but while I was waiting for that to boil I put the turkey in a nonstick pan with some yellow onions, and 2 tbl of Mrs Dash. Fiesta Lime and Southwest Chipotle seasoning . I let the meat cook through crumbling it as I went. Once the meat was fully cooked I added a full jar of salsa and 1/4 cup chicken broth and put the pasta in the boiling water. The key is to cook the pasta to al dente, you don't want to overcook the pasta.


Once the pasta has cooked, drain the water and add the cooked pasta to the turkey mixture. Mix thoroughly and then add a few handfuls of low fat shredded Mexican cheese. Cook until the cheese melts all the way through.
 
Put the pasta into bowls and serve. I had to go back for a second helping last night since it was so good!