Sunday, October 23, 2011

Breast Cancer Cook Off

Last night I attended a cook off which was benefiting the Susan G. Komen for the Cure which is a foundation for seeking to cure Breast cancer. The cook off theme was fall or comfort foods so you needed to base your dish off of those themes. I went with making Rachael Ray's Enchil-lasagna. I made the turkey meatloaf Friday night so that yesterday all i would have to do is assemble the Echil-lasagna at my sisters house before heading to the fundraiser.
Celery, onion, bay leaf, stuffing cubes and chicken stock
Stuffing cubes - a key ingredient in this dish
Mixing all ingredients to form the turkey meatloaf
Finished product of the turkey meatloaf, this is a delicious recipe by itself
Since I had cooked the turkey meatloaf which is a key ingredient for the Enchil-lasagna it was easy and quick to put it together. Sorry I didn't take pictures while I was assembling it, I forgot but here is the finished product.

Once everything was cooked we headed over to the fundraiser which was at my sister's cousins house. My sister made Rachael Ray's Apple and Onion Stuffin' Muffins, which were delicious and would be a great side for Thanksgiving. If you haven't noticed by now my family loves Rachael Ray and her recipes.

Once we got to the party we brought in our cook off items.  They had the garage decorated so cute and everything was pink for breast cancer.


Dessert table, everything had pink involved somehow

My brother-in-law and Abigail
There was a lot of different types of food yesterday which was very good and a few things I didn't care for too much but overall the food was delicious. No one in my family won but we still had a great time and the event raised over $1,300 which was a huge success.

My sister and I left the party on the earlier side so we could go home and get a good night sleep before our half marathon today, the recap will be coming shortly. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

Question: What is the best type of fundraising event you have attended?