Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Training Run and Fish Tacos

Yesterday morning my sister, Kristina, and I woke up early and got ready to head out for our last long training run before her first half marathon on the October 23 in Newburyport. Running near her house is very hilly so we had no choice but to conquer some long hills. We left early enough to beat the summer heat we encountered here in Boston over the weekend. She did awesome and we completed the 13.1 mile run in 2:08 which was a 9:48 pace. We were both happy with this especially since Kristina was at a wedding the night before and had a crazy busy weekend.

After we showered and had a quick breakfast Kristina, my mom and Abigail took me to meet Joe at Whole Foods where he was doing our food shopping for the week. He bought some tilapia from the fish market so last night I made fish tacos. Before cooking the fish I preheated the oven at 350 so i could heat up the wheat tortilla shell. I cooked the fish in a nonstick pan with some lime juice and I seasoned the fish with Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning. I cooked the fish for about 3-4 minutes on each side once the pan was hot. While the fish was cooking I cut up some fresh avocado and pulled some chopped onion out of the fridge.

Once the fish was cooked I assembled the tacos which were delicious and filling. I could only eat one and wished I had room for more since they were that good.



Question: What is your favorite type of taco?