Thursday, October 13, 2011

Turkey Avocado Burgers

Last night I left work and headed to the gym for a 30 minute Pilates session. My legs were still a little sore from my 5 mile run that morning but Pilates actually made them feel better. During my session we did a lot of reformer 3 exercise which were very challenging but lots of fun!

I headed home after my session to make dinner which was turkey burgers and sweet potato fries. Since the frozen fries always take forever Joe threw them.in the oven while I was on my way home. In the mix for the burgers was 99% lean ground turkey, garlic, cumin, chili powder and some fiesta lime seasoning. I formed four parties and put them on the foreman to cook.

Once they were fully cooked I topped them with raw onion, avocado and sharp cheddar cheese.
They were a little messy to get off the grill but they were so delicious.



I dipped my fries in a little of Frank's Thick Hot Sauce which added just the right kick to this meal.

Question: What are your favorite burger toppings?