Monday, October 17, 2011

Firefighters 10K

Yesterday morning I ran the Boston Firefighters 10k road race. It was a beautiful crisp sunny morning in the Boston area with the wind whipping.


The course is pretty flat but the wind was brutal. It was in your face no matter which direction you were running. My goal was to finish under 50 minutes and set a PR and I did it!  I finished in 48:57 so I was very happy with this especially since I was crazy and took a 30 minute cycle class before the race.

My form looks awful here but it was at the very end
My sister and brother-in-law also ran the race and finished with great times. We had some great fans cheering us on, Abigail, my parents and Joe were there to watch and take pictures of us.

Abigail sporting her "my auntie is awesome" shirt
After the race we had a few beers then headed to The Fours in Quincy to grab some lunch. I went with the Joan Benoit, which is a delicious turkey burger, on wheat toast with onion rings. I only ate half but this is by far my favorite sandwich there. Alongside my sandwich I enjoyed a Shipyard Pumpkin Ale, my favorite fall beer.


Question: What is your favorite fall beverage?