Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chipotle Shrimp Quesadilla

Last night was another night where I would be home late since I had a pilates session scheduled for after work. Joe had the great idea of trying to create shrimp quesadillas. I was totally up for the challenge and if you can't tell we just love Mexican food. I think I could survive off Mexican food, fro yo and pizza, I know real healthy!
I started off the meal with caramelizing some onions in a pan. Once the onions were a nice golden brown I added the shrimp and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to the pan. I added the whole can of chipotle peppers which may not have been necessary since they were a little spicy.
This mixture alone over some brown rice would be delicious.
Once everything was cooked I spread some guacamole (I guess I didn't get my fix the other night) onto a whole wheat tortilla then added some of the shrimp mixture and topped it with reduced fat Mexican cheese. 

Once I got everything on to the Foreman grill I added the top tortilla and cooked for about 5 minutes until the tortillas were crispy.
I had some refried beans as a side dish to this delicious meal. The quesdaillas were a little messy but for a first try with this recipe they were very tasty!

 Question: What is your favorite Mexican dish?