Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fitness Fun - Crank

Sorry for the lack of posts the last few days, I snuck away to Maine for the long weekend. Since I wasn't around a gym I had to improvise what I would do for the weekend. While running is always an option I did not want to slack on my strength training so Keri gave me a "crank" workout to do a few days while I was away to go along with running.
The way a crank is set up is you have 8 exercises that you do 8 reps of each of and do them 8 times through. This workout can also be referred to as crazy eights.
1. 180's
Source
2. Burpees with Jump Squat
Source
3. Mountain Climbers (16 total -8 on each leg)
Source
4. High Knee Run (16 total - 8 on each leg)
Source
5. Arm Jumps - (Heels to butt - side to side - on your arms)

6. Spiderman Jumps
Source

7. Prone Jacks
Source
8.  Pushups
Source
Question: What is your favorite workout when you are away from home?

4 comments:

  1. oh, I just posted a whole comment and it was lost. Booo!
    The gist of it: I hate 180s, I wish my abs looked like that when I did high knees, and it's nice to see other women do strength training like this. SO many don't and need to!
    *crossing fingers this posts the second time*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burpess killlll me! But I love them. My fav workout when I am away from home is cardio. It is just tooooo easy to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...where can I get some of those pants like in the 180s? ;) Hehe.

    Sounds like a killer workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to strengthen my upperbody with some push ups and planks.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments so please share!