Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yoga Success

So I have been sticking with my goal to attend at least one yoga class a week. Last night I attended another vinyasa yoga class and I am actually starting to enjoy it. My body feels so stretched and relaxed  after class is over. Even after May is over I am going to continue my goal of attending at least one class a week and maybe even two if I can fit it into my schedule.
 

After yoga class I went home and made my broccoli rabe and sausage as I had mentioned I would in my WIAW post (which for some reason has now disappeared) from my blog.  Then it was time to cuddle on the couch for a little with Joe since I feel like I haven't seen him all week.

This morning I got to sleep in a little since I wasn't meeting for my duet session until 6:15 this morning.  This session was a kettlebell workout where we completed a full round (which consists of swings, figure eights, high pulls and cleans and presses), worked on shoulder stabilization and did a ladder (which was a round of swings followed by cleans and presses then just presses on each side and finished with a round of swings). During the ladder round we did a decreasing ladder which went from 8 to 6 to 4 of each exercise on each side.

Here is an example of a swing

Question: What is your favorite yoga class to take?




5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely an Iyengar yoga girl. I do it more for toning/stretching than anything else. If you haven't tried a class, definitely do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I have those same yoga blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loathe yoga. Only because I get SO bored. Like, I'd rather take a nap. Of course, this post reminded me how I don't stretch at all and I really need to do it because it's good for me. Ugh. It's a double-edged sword.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks the comment on my post. :)
    i love hot yoga. the heat makes you able to get deeper into each pose, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove yoga. I've taken a few classes, but I usually just do DVDs at home because it fits into my schedule much better. I typically like anything with lots of flow; I'd love to try hot yoga too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments so please share!